A Free Benefit for MMA Members
Welcome to the Parent Lounge!
This year we’re happy to offer a Parent Lounge where families can park themselves while their students attend classes.
This pleasant and spacious room (Room 114) can easily accommodate 15-20 people. It’s free for members to use while their students are in classes or in study hall. Parents may bring one or two of their younger children with them (birth through sixth grade).
Please note that this room can't be used by MMA students as a study hall space. Students in grades 6-12 must be in class or in study hall while on campus.
We're happy to provide this extra benefit to you because we appreciate you! We want to make taking Mid-Metro Academy classes more convenient for you. Using the lounge may allow you to enroll your student for a full day--or both Monday and Wednesday. We'd love that!
It can cut your driving time and expense in half since you won't have to drop off your student, drive home, and drive back again.
What can you do in the Parent Lounge?
- help yourself to complimentary coffee or tea
- catch up on emails and computer work
- read a book
- prepare the classes you teach
- work with one of your younger students on their schoolwork
Although there’s no fee for using the room and most class periods we will have parent volunteers as door greeters, we may need your help with building security while you're in the Parent Lounge. All parents using the room must be available to admit people through Entrance J as needed. It's as easy as 1-2-3!
1. When you hear the doorbell, use the visual display and speaker to determine that the person is an authorized visitor.
2. Press the remote entry button to unlock the door.
3. Take a few seconds to assure that the visitor proceeds to the second floor to check in.
Parents in the Parent Lounge are a critical part of our security team, helping us keep our building safe for our students. Thank you for assisting us in this important role!
We're pleased to be able to offer this service to our families--so we can make your life a little easier.