Mid-Metro Academy Pre-Planned PSEO Registration Process
1. Make sure you meet eligibility requirements
North Central University offers college courses to qualified high school juniors and seniors in partnership with Mid-Metro Academy. Students must meet the following requirements:
· Minnesota Resident: Only Minnesota residents are eligible for PSEO at NCU
· Minimum 3.25 high school GPA
· Minimum ACT score of 18 or SAT of 850 (optional writing portion not included) or 50% or higher on ACT Aspire, Pre-ACT, or PSAT (one of these five tests is required) NOTE: This requirement has been waived for the 2020-2021 school year because spring tests were canceled. Students may substitute an essay for test scores.
· Prepared for the academic rigors of college coursework
2. Apply to North Central University using the online application.
3. Mail the following to North Central University Admissions Office, 910 Elliot Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404.
· A character recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator who is not related to you.
o Forward this link to him/her: https://www.northcentral.edu/admissions/character-recommendation-form/
o Or provide this form and ask for it to be returned to North Central University: https://www.northcentral.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/character-recommendation-form.pdf
· A high school transcript that shows the name of each class taken and its grade organized by high school grade or year. The transcript must be signed by the school’s administrator or the person in charge of your home school education.
· The Notice of Student Registration form: https://www.northcentral.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/39781755_admissions_2020-21_pseo_nsrform.pdf
· A copy of your scores from the college entrance exam of your choice (ACT, SAT, ACT Aspire, Pre-ACT, or PSAT).
4. Register for PSEO Cohort with Mid-Metro Academy.
· Go to midmetroacademy.com.
· Click “Join” and apply for a family membership; pay the $60 annual membership fee.
· When your membership has been approved, register for PSEO Cohort. (This registers you for all six classes for the academic year: three for the fall semester and three for the spring semester, for a total of 18 semester credits.)
· Pay the $150 annual service fee to cover room rental and administrative expenses for the program (payable in two installments).
· When you receive your letter of acceptance from NCU, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· You will receive a confirmation email advising you of your acceptance to Mid-Metro Academy’s PSEO and assigning you to Cohort 1 or Cohort 2.
· You will need to complete a new NSR form in December for the spring semester. You will receive a reminder from Mid-Metro Academy to do so.
Deadline: North Central University’s deadline for PSEO applications for classes beginning in Sept. 2020 is June 1, 2020.
The deadline for registering for the 2020-2021 PSEO Cohort is August 23, 2020.